Why is Dog the Bounty Hunter looking for Brian Laundrie?
BRIAN Laundrie is tracked down by the FBI after the body of his girlfriend Gabby Petito is found at a Wyoming campsite.
Now Dog the Bounty Hunter is on the hunt for Laundrie after he goes missing after returning to his Florida home alone when he and Petito were roughly two months into a four-month fling.
Why is Dog the Bounty Hunter looking for Brian Laundrie?
Dog the Bounty Hunter joined in the search for Laundrie, 23, as he told Petito’s family he “wanted to help bring justice for his death.”
Cops were looking for Laundrie after following the travel blogger’s death on their trip across the country.
As the manhunt continues, the reward for his whereabouts advice has risen to $ 30,000, which has caught the attention of a famous bounty hunter.
On September 25, the TV star said his “heart went out” to Petito’s family and that he “wanted to help bring justice for his death.”
Dog wanted to help in the case after he and his new wife Francie Frane “suffered extreme loss themselves,” his team said in a statement.
He told Fox News: “I know how the victims feel.”
When did Dog the Bounty Hunter join the research?
The dog arrived at Laundrie’s parents’ home on Saturday, September 25, 2021 and knocked on the door – but was met with silence.
In an interview with the New York Post, Dog vowed to catch Laundrie before his 24th birthday on November 18.
Read our Brian Laundrie live blog for the latest news and updates …
Dog asked “anyone with information on the whereabouts of Laundrie to call me at 833-TELLDOG” and added that “all information will be kept confidential.”
He added: “The father can always contact me through social media.
“Let’s leave the captured kid alive. Alive.”
Where does Dog the Bounty Hunter think Brian Laundrie could be?
Dog said he had received “a lot of requests” to get stuck in the case, and that he was getting phone calls on his anonymous phone line every two or three minutes.
And a lot of information he received points to the Appalachian Trail.
Dog said: “If there is one place that feels the hottest, it could be the area.
“I think he’s pretty young, not an experienced criminal, but what’s his greatest experience? Outdoorsman – that’s what he does best.
“I don’t think he could shoplift, live on the run, live in cheap hotels. On a one to ten he’s probably a six, compared to the outdoorsmen and some of the guys that I captured. “
The TV bail serf also suggested how he would hunt down Laundrie.
He advised investigators to start with the family and friends of the missing man before examining his ties to the Florida reservation.
Gabby Petito timeline
Gabby Petito, 22, was last seen on August 24, leaving a Utah hotel. Here is a timeline of Gabby Petito’s disappearance:
- June 2021 – Gabby Petito and her fiancé Brian Laundrie have embarked on a journey through the United States.
- 4th July – Gabby posts pictures of herself barefoot in Gove County, Kansas.
- July 8 – Gabby posts photos of herself in Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado.
- July 18 – Gabby and Brian post photos of themselves in Zion National Park, Utah.
- August 12 – Body camera footage was released in September showing an encounter Brian and Gabby had with police in Utah. Police confirmed that no serious injuries had been reported.
- August 19 – Gabby and Brian are posting a video on their YouTube channel about their trip. The video receives over 200,000 views.
- 24 august – Gabby is seen leaving a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- August 25 – Gabby Facetime her mother, Nichole Schmidt, for the last time. In a subsequent police report, Schmidt said her conversations with her daughter revealed “growing tension” between her and Brian.
- 25 august – Gabby also posts her latest Instagram. No location is indicated.
- August 27 – Gabby is seen for what is believed to be the last time. Witnesses claim to see Brian in an explosive argument with restaurant staff in Jackson Hole, leaving Gabby in tears.
- August 27 – Four hours later, travel bloggers driving through Grand Teton National Park pass the couple’s “abandoned” van on a dirt road.
- September 1st – Brian goes home to Florida without Gabby.
- September 11th – Gabby’s parents report her disappearance to Suffolk County Police.
- September 14 – Brian’s family release a statement saying he has retained a lawyer and will not cooperate with investigators.
- September 14 – Brian was reportedly last seen by his family. He reportedly told them he was going to hike the Cartlon Preserve but did not return.
- September 15th – North Port Florida Police say Brian is a person of interest in the case. He is not charged with any crime.
- September 16 – Utah Police are releasing body camera footage of the police encounter with Brian and Gabby.
- September 17 – Brian’s parents say they haven’t seen their son for a few days and report his missing.
- September 18 – Police say they were looking for Brian on the Carlton reservation in Florida. The police say they haven’t found anything.
- September 19 – Wyoming officials say they found a body in Grand Teton National Park. The FBI announces that the body is Gabby’s, but a full forensic identification must first be completed to confirm.
- September 20 – Police execute a search warrant at Laundrie’s home, seizing his silver Mustang and a hard drive that may contain “relevant evidence to prove a crime has been committed.”
- September 21 – Authorities say they will perform an autopsy on the remains found in Wyoming to confirm whether or not they belong to Gabby. Police have also resumed their search for the laundromat, this time on the Venice side of the Carlton Reserve.
- September 21 – The FBI announced that the body found in Wyoming was Gabby’s. The cause of death has not yet been revealed.
- September 21 – The Teton County Coroner’s Office said Gabby’s official cause of death was still pending, but the original mode of death was homicide.
- September 22 – Police continue to search the Carlton reservation for a trace of Laundrie, but give no leads. A specialized diving team is called in to assist in the hunt.
- 23 september – Authorities have announced that a federal arrest warrant has been issued for Brian.
- September 24 – Gabby’s father has announced that his daughter’s funeral will be on Sunday, September 26.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US Sun team?