Troegs Independent Brewing – Brand Marketing Manager – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Listing
Troegs Independent Brewery
Apply for this position
The Brand Marketing Manager leads the strategy and creation of Tröegs brand marketing and communications content, producing original copywriting, concept development, PR outreach, email marketing, photography, video and advertising. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and skilled editor who has a strong desire to build the Tröegs brand through dynamic storytelling that aligns with company culture and integrated business planning to create successful campaigns and messaging that resonate inside and outside the walls of the brewery.
The Brand Marketing Manager collaborates with brewing, sales, retail and executive teams to deliver best-in-class marketing across paid, owned, shared and earned channels, balancing consumer insights with vision of Tröegs and the main business objectives to also reach our wholesale partners. as current and future customers.
This individual is an expert in all things product culture and content, channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization and meaningful measurement, all while keeping the business view in mind. across the brewery regarding sales and marketing objectives and general corporate objectives.
Daily duties, functions and responsibilities:
The day-to-day tasks, functions and responsibilities of the Brand Marketing Manager fall into three categories: Strategy/Management, Editorial and Creative.
- Develops an effective content strategy that supports Tröegs business initiatives, both short and long term, to meet future brand expectations and sales goals.
- Leads the team to develop authentic and original photography, video and written content for Tröegs social media and marketing channels including but not limited to: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, blog, direct mail, public relations, retail/point of sale displays.
- Collaborates with sales, retail and brewing teams to design and launch new beers, partnerships, experience concepts and initiatives by contributing to positioning strategy and content, advertising and storytelling development sale.
- Increases brewery traffic and revenue through content, targeted ads and social media.
- Manages budgets for digital advertising and cooperative wholesalers as well as external paid media providers.
- Performs monthly social media analysis and summary report and forward optimization plans.
- Analyzes owned, earned and paid channel metrics and provides reports and insights on course corrections/opportunities.
- Manages roadmap to increase engagement/followers, success metrics.
- Performs social listening to engage consumers, gauge brand sentiment, and mitigate risk.
- Communicates measurable goals to team members, provides regular feedback, opportunities to develop skills, and sets priorities for workflow management.
- Manages the communications coordinator and the content coordinator/photographer.
- Writes and edits short and long-form copy, including social headlines/taglines, beer label copy, blog posts, press releases, consumer and industry editorials, and other projects assigned.
- Tests and learns innovative editorial approaches as they emerge.
- Dig, find and build stories about daily life in a production brewery as well as Tröegs events and field trips away from the brewery.
- Oversees the publication of all social media and blog content and creates supporting photographic/video assets.
- Develops standards, systems, and best practices (human and technology) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, retrieval, and content repurposing, including real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to design and launch new marketing programs in addition to protecting and growing the market position of our core offerings.
- Develops creative marketing concepts and pitches and is able to present in a variety of internal and external forums.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to brainstorm ideas and concepts that push our thinking and creative deliverables to new heights.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in multi-channel brand communication and content creation.
- Previous experience managing social media or editorial for a lifestyle brand or blog is required.
- Previous experience writing compelling long-form content such as blog posts or magazine articles is required.
- Expertise in using a DSLR camera and photo editing software is required.
- Prior experience in leading and developing a team.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to stimulate collaborative discussions.
- Must have an understanding of the development, distribution and measurement of paid media content and SEO.
- Experience identifying target audiences and designing digital, email and social media campaigns that engage customers.
- Relationship builder adept at fostering strong internal and external collaboration.
- Uses digital tools including but not limited to social media management platforms, Google Analytics, WordPress and others to complete tasks
- A love for craft beer and an understanding of brewing and beer styles is strongly preferred, along with a desire to learn more.
About Tröegs Independent Brewing:
Founded in Pennsylvania in 1996 by brothers John and Chris Trogner, Tröegs Independent Brewing is driven by a sense of adventure and curiosity. From the beginning, our brewery was built by family, friends and kindred spirits who share a love of good beer.
Tröegs sells beer throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and we welcome visitors to our Hershey Brewery, Tasting Room, Tours and General Store 7 days a week. We are widely known for our award-winning craft beers such as Perpetual IPA, Troegenator, Nugget Nectar and Mad Elf, as well as our experimental wood-aged Scratch and Splinter series.
Tröegs supports independent voices – our colleagues, brewers, artists, farmers, manufacturers and small businesses. We are nimble and each department is continually incubating new ideas to communicate and connect more efficiently and effectively with our customers. We are looking for colleagues who share our love of good beer and who are eager to contribute to our uncompromising vision.
Tröegs Brewing Company is a temperature controlled brewing and packaging facility. Here is a representative list of what a colleague might encounter during a typical workday:
- Hot water
- To smoke
- Pressure vessels
- Noisy work areas
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come into contact with broken glass and wet floors when working near moving mechanical parts.
This position is not expected to regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come into contact with broken glass.
- Minimum 40 hour work week, with extended hours as needed.
- Some trips and weekends required.
Skills, attributes and other qualifications required:
Apply for this position