Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito’s mysterious stay in New York City before setting out on a journey that ended in their deaths
NEW details have emerged regarding Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito’s final days, particularly around the couple’s mysterious stay in New York City before setting off on a road trip across the country that ended in their deaths.
According to North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison, Laundrie and Gabby changed addresses and moved to New York City days before their fateful trip across the country.
Speaking to members of the South County Tiger Bay Club, Garrison revealed that Laundrie and Gabby had stored “a lot of stuff” and moved to New York in June before hitting the road the following month.
“What a lot of people don’t know, in June Gabby and Brian moved out of their location and put a lot of things in storage, and they changed their address and moved to New York and from there they left. for their cross-country adventure, ”Garrison said.
It is reported that the young couple left Blue Point, New York for their road trip on July 2 and spent the following days visiting Colorado and Utah National Parks.
They had documented their “Van Life” trips on their social networks and had created a YouTube channel to recount their adventures.
However, there is no information on how the couple spent their final days in New York City before hitting the road, despite new details.
The 22-year-old vlogger last spoke to her mother, Nicole Schmidt, on the phone from Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on August 25, which is her last known location.
On September 1, Laundrie, 23, returned home to Florida, hired a lawyer and reportedly refused to cooperate with police.
Gabby was officially reported missing by her mother after not hearing from her daughter for 13 days.
On September 15, Laundrie was named a “person of interest” in the missing vlogger’s case and disappeared two days later after telling his parents he was going on a hike in the Carlton Preserve.
Gabby’s body was found in a Wyoming national park on September 19, an autopsy later revealing the 22-year-old’s cause of death was strangulation.
A month later, Laundrie’s remains were officially found and identified after extensive search at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park.
The FBI released a statement after confirming on October 21 that the human remains found during the Laundrie search were bones.
The statement read: “On October 21, 2021, a comparison of dental records confirmed that the human remains found in the T. Mabry Carlton Jr. Memorial Preserve and Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park are those of Brian Laundrie.”
An autopsy is underway to determine the cause of Laundrie’s death.
Gabby Petito timeline
Gabby Petito, 22, was last seen on August 24, leaving a Utah hotel. Here is a timeline of Gabby Petito’s disappearance:
- June 2021 – Gabby Petito and her fiancé Brian Laundrie have embarked on a journey through the United States.
- 4th July – Gabby posts pictures of herself barefoot in Gove County, Kansas.
- July 8 – Gabby posts photos of herself in Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado.
- July 18 – Gabby and Brian post photos of themselves in Zion National Park, Utah.
- August 12 – Body camera footage was released in September showing an encounter Brian and Gabby had with police in Utah. Police confirmed that no serious injuries had been reported.
- August 19 – Gabby and Brian are posting a video on their YouTube channel about their trip.
- 24 august – Gabby is seen leaving a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- August 25 – Gabby Facetime her mother, Nichole Schmidt, for the last time. In a subsequent police report, Schmidt said her conversations with her daughter revealed “growing tension” between her and Brian.
- 25 august – Gabby also posts her latest Instagram. No location is indicated.
- August 27 – Gabby is seen for what is believed to be the last time. Witnesses claim to see Brian in an explosive argument with restaurant staff in Jackson Hole, leaving Gabby in tears.
- August 27 – Four hours later, travel bloggers driving through Grand Teton National Park pass the couple’s “abandoned” van on a dirt road.
- September 1st – Brian goes home to Florida without Gabby.
- September 11th – Gabby’s parents report her disappearance to Suffolk County Police.
- September 14 – Brian’s family release a statement saying he has retained a lawyer and will not cooperate with investigators.
- September 14 – Brian was reportedly last seen by his family. He reportedly told them he was going to hike the Cartlon Preserve but did not return.
- September 15th – North Port Florida Police say Brian is a person of interest in the case. He is not charged with any crime.
- September 16 – Utah Police are releasing body camera footage of the police encounter with Brian and Gabby.
- September 17 – Brian’s parents say they haven’t seen their son for a few days and report his missing.
- September 18 – Police say they were looking for Brian on the Carlton reservation in Florida. The police say they haven’t found anything.
- September 19 – Wyoming officials say they found a body in Grand Teton National Park. The FBI announces that the body is Gabby’s, but a full forensic identification must first be completed to confirm.
- September 20 – Police execute a search warrant at Laundrie’s home, seizing his silver Mustang and a hard drive that may contain “relevant evidence to prove a crime has been committed.”
- September 21 – Authorities say they will perform an autopsy on the remains found in Wyoming to confirm whether or not they belong to Gabby. Police have also resumed their search for the laundromat, this time on the Venice side of the Carlton reserve.
- September 21 – The FBI announced that the body found in Wyoming was Gabby’s. The cause of death has not yet been revealed.
- September 21 – The Teton County Coroner’s Office said Gabby’s official cause of death was still pending, but the original mode of death was homicide.
- September 22 – Police continue to search the Carlton reservation for a trace of Laundrie, but give no leads. A team of specialized divers is called in to help with the hunt.
- 23 september – Authorities have announced that a federal arrest warrant has been issued for Brian.
- September 26 – Gabby’s funeral was held in Long Island, New York.
- 12 october: Gabby’s autopsy results have been released. Teton County Coroner Dr Brent Blue confirmed Gabby died from strangulation.
- 20 october: Laundrie’s personal items were found at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. A medical examiner was called to the scene.
- 21st of October: The FBI has confirmed that the remains found have been identified as laundry.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US Sun team?