Disney Genie to replace FastPass
Users had three wishes: more flexibility, more information and easier navigation. Disney says Genie makes all three wishes come true.
What is Disney Genie?
Disney Genie is a new add-on service that will arrive this fall to the existing MyDisneyExperience and Disneyland apps. It’s a digital tool that will help you create, plan, and execute your best day at a Disney park.
What will Disney Genie do?
Disney Genie will work with you to help you have the best possible day at a Disney park. Disney Genie will provide you with:
- Itinerary planning, with recommendations based on your interests
- Ongoing updates on queue forecasts
- Access to dining needs: check reservations, place mobile orders and add your party to a restaurant waiting list
- Answers to accessibility questions
- Answers from anywhere in the park, using a virtual assistant
How to use Disney Genie?
- This tool will be part of the MyDisneyExperience app, starting this fall
- You will communicate to Disney Genie your “wishes” in various categories “Disney Favorites” (Disney Princesses, Star Wars) and “Park interests” (Thrill Rides, Water Rides, etc.)
- “My Top Picks” will prioritize your biggest interests for the day across all categories, providing the perfect range of attractions, entertainment and dining experiences
- Consult your “Tip Board” to have access to the rest of the agenda
Disney Genie +
Everything listed above is part of the add-on version of Disney Genie. Of course, guests have the option to enhance their experience and purchase Disney Genie +. It will cost users $ 15 per day at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando and $ 20 per day at Disneyland in California. At the moment, there is no other option but to purchase this service on a day-to-day basis (annual pass holders collectively sigh).
How is Disney Genie + different from Disney Genie?
The biggest difference between the two services is that Disney Genie + offers the all-new “Lightning Lane” entrance at some attractions. With this, your group can select the times available for rides such as Haunted Mansion, Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run, or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Lightning Lane selections will be made on the day you visit the park and can be used at any park (to accommodate the ever popular Park Hopper option). You also have the option of purchasing (over and above the cost of Disney Genie +) one or two Lightning Lane entrances at attractions with exceptionally high standards (like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train). The price of this access will depend on the date, the attraction and the park.
Guests of Walt Disney World hotels can purchase access to Disney Genie + at 7 a.m., but those not staying at a Walt Disney World hotel will have to wait until the park opens.
Other fun extras provided in Disney Genie + are audio experiences that attendees can listen to at specific locations within Disney Parks and a new augmented reality in Photo Pass. All of these features will be added to Disney Genie’s established itinerary and day guide capabilities.
What do you think of this new update? Let us and thousands of other Disney fans know in our Orlando Inform community on Facebook.
And then be sure to follow Orlando Informer on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest news, tips and rumors from Universal Orlando, Walt Disney World, and other Orlando attractions.